The Best Mould Remover to Get Rid of Mould
Getting rid of mould can be a real pain. It can be hard to figure out which mould remover and method works best. Luckily, flooring experts FloorsHQ were happy to share a few industry secrets, as well as the stellar mould busting products that they use to effectively rid your home or office of mould.
Mould grows quickly in places like bathrooms, kitchens, and basements that are damp. Mould can grow back in just 48 hours if the conditions are right. To stop mould from spreading, it’s important to get rid of it as soon as possible. To do this, you need to get rid of the source of the moisture as well as the mould. Mould spores can make you sick in a number of ways.
Recommended Mould Removal Products
There are many natural and synthetic cleaning products that can be used to get rid of mould and mildew. Products containing ingredients such as bleach, hydrogen peroxide, borax, ammonia, vinegar, sodium bicarbonate, thymol, and grapefruit seed extract are used to effectively bleach, kill, and get rid of mould.
We’ll talk about two well-known types of products, both of which have their own pros and cons.
Bleach Based Mould Remover
Bleach kills almost all kinds of mould, including mould spores, as soon as they touch it. Bleach works very well as both a mould remover and a bleaching agent. But bleach only works if the mould is growing on a surface that doesn’t absorb water, like ceramic tiles or glass.
Unfortunately, bleach can’t get through porous things like grout, drywall, or wood. If you try to kill mould on these surfaces with bleach, you will only be able to kill the mould and get rid of the stain on the surface. You won’t be able to kill or get rid of its root system. Mould will grow back pretty quickly on porous materials, so bleach will have to be used again and again.
Bleach and other chemicals should never be mixed, as this can create chlorine gas. Most commercial bleaches have a strong chemical smell that isn’t scented. This is because the concentration has to be very high, which can change the way something smells.
Hydrogen Peroxide Based Mould Remover
Hydrogen peroxide, which is sometimes called ‘oxygen bleach’, is a solution that not only cleans, but also kills viruses, bacteria, microbes, and fungi. It is natural and safe for the environment because it breaks down into oxygen and water. It doesn’t leave behind anything harmful, and any vapours will be pure oxygen. It kills and gets rid of mould very quickly and effectively. Even though it works better than bleach to get rid of mould, it isn’t as effective as a bleaching agent. So, it might get rid of the mould, but not the stains that the mould left behind.
Hydrogen Peroxide, unlike bleach, needs to be scrubbed to get rid of stains and may need to be used more than once. It is weaker and takes longer to work than bleach, but it is much better at getting rid of mould in the long run. Mould can be removed with hydrogen peroxide from both porous and non-porous surfaces. This happens because the mould oxidises quickly and can get into porous materials to ‘burn’ or oxidise the roots of the mould. This is useful because the product bubbles and fizzes when it comes in contact with organic matter like mould and mildew.